Wednesday, June 24, 2009

exercising discipline, no excuses.

last night i woke up at 2:30 am and couldn't fall back to sleep, which is odd. i've lavender oil on my skin, counted my blessings, daydreamed about the future, and it still didn't work. i must've been up for at least an hour or so. this morning i awoke again at 7 am thinking i could nap for another 30 minutes, but i should really get my morning walk. that's what i think almost every morning, and usually, successfully fall back to sleep with all the excuses: i had a late night last night, my body needs its rest, etc. etc. blah. blah.

and then i got up. took my brisk walk. jogged a bit. did lunges and stretches. and i feel great. i always feel great afterwards. i feel lighter, more flexible, my skin feels like it's breathing. i thought to myself, i should remember this. every morning, i should remember that feeling of health, feeling of accomplishment, even if it's only a small one, but to me, disciplining myself is a big deal. me, who hasn't finished that knitted shawl, me, who hasn't started swimming class, me, who only tastes a bit of everything and never can quite finish what she started.

i gotta remember to start small. do it everyday. stick to it. no excuses.
and i'm doing this because i love myself, i want to try to live a somewhat healthy life.

i may cut down on my sugar intake, but if i crave that strawberry shortcake today, i'll allow myself to have some... and share a piece of sweetness with a friend.




"change the way you look at things and things you look at change."

said by dr. wayne w. dyer on the ellen show, author of excuses be gone.

3 comments:

  1. I love that quote! I have his audiobook if you want to listen :)
    hmmm lavender oil? sounds very soothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. indy! i want my cake! i want it all!

    ReplyDelete