Thursday, June 18, 2009

a letter

I wish I had met you. If I had the chance, I would thank you for raising your son to be the man he is today. The man who is soon to be my husband. The man I will promise to love and share my life with, to have him live the fullest life he wants to live.

I wish I had the chance to get to know you, then I would find out who he got his deep eyes from, his genuine smile, his characteristic walk from. I would figure out all the traits and habits he inherited from you. His love and curiosity for life, his thirst for knowledge, his big heart of giving.

I wish you were here, so he could feel this once in a lifetime experience with you. To share this chapter of his story, together with you. I know you are present with him and are forever in his heart, and I know this is just wishful thinking, still… from the deepest place in my heart, I wish you were here.


Love,
irma

1 comment: