Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Connection questionable.




What connects us, really? What draws us together? What initially attracted us to one another? When I think about it too much, I can’t come up with much. But really, sometimes I wonder. Some couples dive together, others connect through their passion for words, or art, or sports…

There’s not much sense nor reason to dwell into it. Just a waste of time. Sometimes things just happen, the universe conspires for 2 people to come together. Okay, I get it. But really…

I must remember that just the other day, I heard myself reiterate words to a dear friend of mine who was having the same thoughts as me. “Don’t think about it too much, love works in funny ways”. Most of the time you cannot pinpoint to exactly why 2 people mutually unite, that’s the beauty of it. Most times people hook up because they need to learn something from each other. The question is: how do you commit to keep on learning and growing from one another, together?

I’ve yet many things to learn from you, and one of the things you continually teach me is to remember about the wonders of time and patience, and I love you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment